If you are a fan of slow exercises then Yoga is what you should go after. The main aim of yoga is to make you mindful and to stretch out the body. Though most people opt for High intensity interval training or strength training or weight training. But it is quite easy to mix yoga with weight training and this would certainly produce marvellous results.
This combination of strength training and Yoga is also called Power Yoga. There are different types of yoga and this is one of them. If you are interested in yoga then you can choose the type that suits you and start accordingly.
Muscles Targeted by Yoga:
There are no specific muscles or muscle group that is targeted by Yoga. Yoga works on all the muscles that are present in our body. The main aim of yoga is to make our body flexible and keep our mind calm. Though a lot of people will claim that developing muscles with the help of yoga is possible but this statement is partially incorrect.
You can get a flexible body with the help of yoga but a well-defined body cannot be achieved with the help of yoga. But if you are to start practicing Power Yoga or any other hybrid of Yoga then this would be possible.
It is said that there are lots of Yogic exercise and practicing all of these in a day is quite impossible. But here are a few chosen exercises that you can perform.
- Warrior II
- Child Pose
- Downward Dog
- Wide Legged Forward Fold
- Bridge Pose
- Seated Spinal Twist
- Rag Doll
- High Plank
- Sun Salutation (Suryanamaskar)
- Chaturanga Push Up
- Upward Facing Dog
- Figure Four
- Recline Spinal Twist
Benefits of Yoga:
There a gazillion benefits of Yoga and it is quite not possible to list all the benefits. But here are a few benefits of yoga that will get your started.
- Yoga makes us mindful and also makes us flexible and increases our muscle strength.
- If incorporated with strength training then this can produce marvellous results ad provide us with a toned body.
- It increases our vitality and also increases our energy capacity along with better respiration.
- If your goal is to lose weight, then this can become a powerful tool in reducing that.
- Yoga also provides protection from injury and improves your athletic performance.
- And finally it helps in maintaining a balanced metabolism.