Chest workout means sculpting your pectoral muscles. The pectoral muscles are also known as “pecs”. Chest exercises helps you build muscular pecs that make your look better whether on a gym or while walking around the beach. A strong pectoral muscle also helps in carrying out many day to day tasks as such pushing heavy objects and lifting.
Above all, improving in your strength also meant to be improving your look, so is your mental health. Though the pecs are known to be the largest chest muscles, there are also few other chest muscles that are smaller but play vital role in supporting and sculpting pectoral muscles.
Adding to that, lats (latissimus dorsi muscles) on the chest sides and trapezius muscles to the shoulders are also contributes to make a better chest muscles.
Types of Workouts for Chest
In order to build a muscular chest, your trainer may suggest you to perform various chest training. Each workout has a certain target on muscles. Some are done with body weight and mostly with equipments. The most effective workouts that help building a better chest are as follows –
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Dumbbell Bench Press Neutral – Grip
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Press Reverse – Grip
- Dumbbell Flyes
- Decline Dumbbell Flyes
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes
- Incline Dumbbell Press
- Cable Crossover
- Single – Arm Cable Crossover
- Low Cable Crossover
- Cable Chest Press
- Incline Chest Press
- Leverage Incline Chest Press
- Incline Cable Chest Press
- Incline Cable Flyes
- Dips – Chest Version
- Bodyweight Flyes
- Push-ups (Close and Wide Hands)
- Incline Push-ups
- Decline Push – Ups
- Single – Arm Push – Ups
- Incline Push – Ups Medium
- Drop Push
- Wide – Grip Decline Barbell Bench Press
- Barbell Incline Bench Press Medium – Grip
- Wide – Grip Barbell Bench Press
- Decline Barbell Bench Press
- Neck Press
- Hammer Grip Incline DB Bench Press
Benefits of Strong Pectoral Muscle
The major and minor pectoralis are key support of chest muscle. There are many benefits we have witness from a strong pectoral muscle besides building a great appearance.
- Strong pecs help in improving your posture.
- A strong pectoral muscle also responsible in strengthening your back muscles.
- A strong chest muscle plays a vital role for strengthening over all upper-body.
- It improves the ability to push heavy objects.
- Strong chest muscles also enhance the ability of performing swinging movements.
- It helps women to make their breasts parkier.
- Pectoral muscle helps you breathe easier.